TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hit me with some reality in dollars
People Seeking Info

Subject Hit me with some reality in dollars

Posted by Matt300ZXT on June 20, 2024 at 1:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 361 times.

Message I've got the bug to drive a 300ZXTT again. I can either buy one up here in the northeast that's already got some tasty mods, and if I ever get my twin turbo up here that's been on jack stands for a while, I could pirate my coilovers, wheels, and maybe a couple other mods....or I can just quit being a little bitch and get my Z going again.

Anyways, years ago injector 1 went down and drove home on 5 cylinders and it's basically been sitting since. So give me some realistic dollar figures in today's Z32 prices, since I don't follow the community as much anymore, in the following areas:

1: Rebuild my engine to stock specs, or at least some forged pistons (or find a good motor from a reputable source that maybe they wrecked the car or want to sell the engine for some other reason), so I can make 500-550whp. That would probably satisfy me.

2: Get some sexy turbos, probably something about the Z1 GT675 level since I don't think anyone will be able to rebuild my old ass PE1420 I've had sitting around for years.

3: Get lucky and find someone selling some of those fancy 2.5" intake pipes to go along with my bigger intercoolers that are already on the car, hopefully used.

4: Get some adequate downpipes and a Z1 PG exhaust, hopefully finding all of it used to save a few bucks.

5: Purchase some AUS injectors from ZShack.

6: Find a (hopefully) used standalone ECU to control the big turbos and injectors and then get a dyno tune.

7: Purchase a flywheel/clutch kit to hold the power.

I think I covered everything. The car already has the suspension work done to handle power, I just need the actual power now.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.